30 June – 1 July 2023
***CFP Deadline 3 April***
The 2023 annual International Football History Conference will take place at Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9BA and will be held over two days (30 June and 1 July 2023).
This is a call for papers to be presented at the conference. There will be an opportunity to present on any topic relating to the history of football of all codes.
- Main conference proceedings will take place between 8.30am and 5pm on Friday and Saturday.
- As with previous years the conference will be open to those presenting on football of any code.
- Abstracts are welcomed on any football related topic (football of ALL codes)
- Abstracts are welcomed from researchers from any discipline.
- Presentations must not have appeared at another conference. As our conference does not have parallel sessions, we are insistent that presentations must not be a repeat of something presented elsewhere.
Abstracts for the following presentation styles are welcomed:
Short Form (7 minutes) – 20 slides (plus a title slide) with a maximum of 20 seconds per slide. Ideal for a summary of research; to present early findings; Image related research etc.
Twenty Minutes – Those choosing a 20 minute slot will be able to split that time between presentation and questions as they feel appropriate (for example 15 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of questions or 20 minutes presentation and no audience questions).
Panel – One hour twenty minutes: three presenters and a moderator on a related theme with specific time for individual presentations within the session agreed by the moderator including allowance for questions at the end to the group.
To apply to present please send a 100 to 150 word proposal to email@example.com by Monday 3rd April 2023. Selection of presentations will take place by the committee by 30th April. We will ensure confirmation is as soon as possible.
COST OF ATTENDANCE
The conference is self-funding and all delegates whether presenting or not will need to book their place before attending. It is anticipated that the cost of attendance for full-time delegates will be £139 and for students/unwagedl/retired delegates: £129
Special Day Rate: £75 (employed) & £65 (unwaged)
Tickets will be on sale soon.
Delegates will need to make their own arrangements regarding travel & accommodation for the conference. It is suggested delegates stay in city centre hotels but further information will be available by the end of April.