Today (1 February) in 2017 Gabriel Jesus scored his first Manchester City goal as the Blues defeated West Ham 4-0. The goals were from De Bruyne (17), David Silva (21), Jesus (39) and Toure (pen, 67) at the former London Olympic Stadium. Attendance 56,980. A few stats and reports from that day/the game here:
- Gabriel Jesus became the first player to both score and assist a goal on their first Premier League start for Manchester City.
- Jesus also became the second youngest Brazilian player to score his first Premier League goal (19yrs 304days), after Rafael for Manchester United in November 2008 (18yrs 122days).
- David Silva scored his third away Premier League goal against West Ham – his highest tally of away goals against another opponent in the competition.
- Yaya Toure has scored all 11 of his Premier League penalties – the best 100% record in the competition.
- In his 50th Premier League game, Kevin de Bruyne recorded his 30th goal involvement in the competition (11 goals, 19 assists).
- City have scored nine goals in two games in all competitions at London Stadium – just half the number West Ham have (18) in 17 games there.