***CFP Deadline extended to Friday 9th September***
After a two year absence due to Covid, the 2022 annual International Football History Conference will take place at the City Football Academy, Manchester City Football Club, Manchester M11 3FF, England and will be held over two days (18 and 19 November 2022).
This is a call for papers to be presented at the conference. There will be an opportunity to present on any topic relating to the history of football of all codes.
- – Main conference proceedings will take place between 8.30am and 5pm on Friday and Saturday.
- – As with previous years the conference will be open to those presenting on football of any code.
- – Abstracts are welcomed on any football related topic (football of ALL codes)
- –Abstracts are welcomed from researchers from any discipline.
- –Presentations must not have appeared at another conference. As our conference does not have parallel sessions, we are insistent that presentations must not be a repeat of something presented elsewhere.
Abstracts for the following presentation styles are welcomed:
- – Short Form (7 minutes) – 20 slides (plus a title slide) with a maximum of 20 seconds per slide. Ideal for a summary of research; to present early findings; Image related research etc.
- – Twenty Minutes – Twenty minutes of slides but no audience questions.
- – Fifteen plus Five – Fifteen minutes of presentation slides plus five minutes of questions.
- – Panel – One hour twenty minutes: three presenters and a moderator on a related theme with specific time for individual presentations within the session agreed by the moderator including allowance for questions at the end to the group.
100 to 150 word proposals should be sent to email@example.com by 9th September 2022. Selection of presentations will take place by the committee by 15th September. As the timescales between announcement of the conference and the date of the conference we will ensure confirmation is as soon as possible.
***Please note: As the Rugby League World Cup Finals (women’s & men’s) will be staged at Old Trafford on Saturday 19th we will, for the first time, try to satisfy specific requests to present on a particular day. When submitting your abstract can you say whether you have a preference for Friday, Saturday or no preference please? Thanks.
COST OF ATTENDANCE
For full-time delegates: £119
For students/unwagedl/retired delegates: £99
Special Day Rate: £65 (employed) & £55 (unwaged)
Due to the current economic climate we have been keen to ensure the cost to delegates is kept at previous levels. We have managed to keep rates at the same level as in 2018 & 2019. Tickets will be on sale via Eventbrite soon.
Delegates will need to make their own arrangements regarding travel & accommodation for the conference. It is suggested delegates stay in city centre hotels, close to the tram network and travel to the venue each day via tram. If you would like some advice on where to stay please contact the organising committee via firstname.lastname@example.org